Friday 11 June 2010

The road to hell...

Minutes run: 0
Miles run: 0

...Is paved with good intentions.

I still haven't run anywhere yet. Well, short of running after the toddler to stop him maiming himself, or running into the road, or terrorising the dog.

I almost ran somewhere - I got dressed up in my running gear- trainers on, headphones just going in... then the childminder rang me and said the todler had a fever, and could I go and pick him up. So I picked up my car keys instead and went to pick him up.

What is it that's holding me back? What is it that is stopping me from just putting my trainers on and going for it?

I'm scared of failure. I'm scared of pain. I'm scared of not being brilliant at something that I used to be very good at. I'm scared of letting myself down. I'm scared of letting everyone else down.

I am lazy. I don't like shaving my legs so I'm not mistaken for an escaped gorilla whilst out running.

I need to stop being so scared, and stop being so lazy, and Just Fucking Do It.

1 comment:

  1. I went running a couple of times. I hate it, often feel like I'm about to cough up my lungs afterwards. I can't conceive how anyone would enjoy such an activity. But even so, I'm going to wish you the best.
    Keep writing. I'm liking your style. :)

    ReplyDelete