Wednesday 12 September 2012

It's been a while...

Miles run: 0.124
Minutes run: 0.45

Yes. I did it. I ran in the Mums' race at my son's preschool. I came 3rd.

This isn't bad, considering I was barefoot, and I haven't so much as run for a bus in the past 4 years.

Then a month later, I ran in the mums' race at my daughter's toddler group summer fete. I won.

Smug smuggity smugsmugsmug. Yes, that's me. Basking in the glory of running 200m. I even got a medal.

So yes, here I am again. 2 years down the line, I am now a Mum of two.

I am a little older
I am a little wiser
I am certainly more frazzled than I was last time I posted
I am much less anxious
I am no longer on anti-depressants
I can go shopping in town without having a panic attack - yeah!
I had a lot of dark times when I started this blog
I have had a lot of good times during my silence
I want to run my way back into smaller jeans as I am now even heavier than I was!
I am actually going to do it this time.
I am about to sign up to a gym so I can run in all weathers...

...but not before I go on holiday for a week in St Ives!

No comments:

Post a Comment